The Need For This Course
Most contemporary organizations have the vision of achieving excellence and being the very best at what they do, using the available resources at their disposal. Of all the resources, the most critical is the people. Therefore, it is imperative for an organization to give priority attention to its people in the way they are managed with special focus on the evaluation of their contributions individually and as a group to the organization. WHAT GETS DONE GETS MEASURED, WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS MANAGED. IF YOU CAN NOT MEASURE IT, YOU CAN NOT MANAGE IT.
This 3-day engaging workshop will familiarize participants with the frameworks surrounding employee Performance Appraisal and provide them with the Skills and Methodologies for discharging the function effectively.
The Workshop was designed to enable the participants
- Undertake effective evaluation/ assessment of the performance of their subordinates;
- Demonstrate understanding of the difference between performance management and performance appraisal;
- Identify the critical dimensions against which performance of employees in various job grades should be based;
- List and discuss the purpose of performance appraisals (Evaluative and developmental);
- Identify and discuss the options for WHAT is evaluated in a performance appraisal;
- Discuss the commonly used performance Measurement methods and forms;
- Identify available options for the evaluator (appraising officers);
- Demonstrate understanding of the value and drawbacks of a 360 degree evaluation option;
- Identify some of the common problems with the performance appraisal process and suggest possible solutions;
- Identify the place of performance appraisal in the overall performance management policy; and
Design merit-based performance appraisal forms.
- Middle, Senior and Top Managers who manage the performance of their reports
- Team leaders
- Decision-makers seeking to create a corporate culture of excellence and competitive advantage
- All line supervisors involved in the periodic and annual review of their associates’ performance
DURATION: 3 days
COURSE FEE: Negotiable
DATES: Client’s Decision
Available as in-plant
Course Code: (HR/2021/BOAZ /01)