The Need For This Course
Microfinance refers to the entire flexible structures by which a broad range of financial services are delivered to active poor on a sustainable basis. The provision of funds in form of micro-loans and other financial services empowers the active poor to engage in productive economic activities which help to boost their income level and thus alleviating poverty in the country.
In order to enhance the flow of financial services to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the country the Federal Government of Nigeria launched the Microfinance Policy, Regulatory and Supervisory Framework on 15th December, 2005.
The policy was to address the problem of inadequate access to wide range of financial services on a sustainable basis by the economically active poor and low income groups.
Microfinance banking is a unique form of banking with its peculiarities hence its practice calls for unique knowledge and skills. This has made this training imperative of Microfinance Banks.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the concept and principles of microfinance banking;
- Acquaint themselves with the polices of Government in relation to Microfinance Banking;
- Identify opportunities open to microfinance banks in Nigeria;
- Identify microfinance clients;
- Offer products and services that meet the preferences of their target clients; and
- Operate in Microfinance environment in accordance with the international best practice.
METHODOLOGY OF DELIVERY
- Interactive lectures
- Case study
- Experiential learning.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Board Members and Executive Management in Microfinance Banking
DURATION: 3 days
COURSE FEE: Negotiable
DATES: Client’s Decision
Available as open programme and in-plant
Course Code: (MFB/2021/20)